Meet Your Zachary Orthodontist
A native of Jackson, Mississippi, Dr. Adriane White received her Bachelor of Science in Biology from Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia. Missing the comforts of home, she continued her education at Mississippi College in Clinton, Mississippi, a bedroom community outside of Jackson, where she received a Master’s Degree in Biology. It was during her time in school that she realized her true passion in life, giving everyone the smile of their dreams!
She fulfilled her purpose by receiving her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center. In furtherance of her dreams of making blushing smiles a reality, she received her specialist certificate in Orthodontics from Howard University in Washington, D.C. Dr. White is board-certified as a diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, a designation held by only 1-in-3 orthododontists.
When not creating amazing smiles, Dr. White enjoys spending quality time with her family – her husband, David, and their daughters, Mya, Alexandria, and Brooklyn, whose smiles make her blush most of all.
Why an Orthodontist in Zachary?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. White continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. White has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Zachary Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Zachary orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Zachary orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Smile Studio is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Zachary area.